We just updated all Photo Finale sites to version 9.3, which includes these changes:
- We have improved the PhotoViewer page layout with a new sidebar toolbar for photo editing and metadata.
- We have added an unsubscribe page (/unsubscribe) that allows users to remove themselves from future emails sent via Lab 50. This page can also be linked to by dealers with an email address specified, e.g. http://firstname.lastname@example.org, so using the macros in the email setup, the unsubscribe link (an email best practice) could be included at the bottom of emails.
- We have enhanced the resolution warning to indicate how much smaller a given a photo is than the recommended size.
- We have added a new “/signin” page which dealers can link to from their own sites, social posts and emails (e.g. http://demo.photofinale.com/signin). For customers who are already signed in (via “Remember Me”) the page will automatically redirect them straight to their photo collections. Non logged-in members can sign into their account or sign up for a new one. Dealers can also add an optional “redirect” parameter to the URL to control where a user is sent after they’ve logged in, (e.g. http://demo.photofinale.com/signin?redirect=shop/photo-books).
- Hovering over a photo thumbnail in the library panel of the Creative Product Builder will now display a large, “instant preview” of the photo to help customers choose the right pic for their project.
- Sharing a collection via email now shares just the specific collection, and not the user’s entire public library.
- The “Copy Project” feature on the “My Projects” page has been fixed.
- Deleting a page in a creative project no longer changes the z-order (layering) of photo spots on other pages.
- Deleting a photo from a collection now removes any prints that had been ordered for that photo from the cart.
- The “My Projects” link in the header is now hidden for sites that do not offer creative products.
- We resolved an error that was occurring when trying to empty the cart after coming back from PayPal.
- When deleting a photo that had been set as the background, the background is now reset to the proper color when only one background is available (e.g. “Black Book” style).
- We have fixed the Dealer Finder search functionality for fotodepot.ca sites.
- The unsubscribe functionality is being added in preparation for marketing email triggers, which we will be adding to your Lab 50 soon!
- As well, we are working on an exporter for iPhoto…customized per retailer to allow your Mac users a slick way to get their photos (even maintaining the filtered sets) into Photo Finale.