Photo Finale 8.5.2 was released this morning and includes:
- PicMonkey. We’ve added a 2nd photo editing option! PicMonkey is an offshoot from a few former Picnik employees. The two editors complement each other well. While Aviary is incredibly easy and fast for quick edits (auto-corrects, red-eye, popular filters, cropping, etc.), PicMonkey offers a wide array of creative and advanced options that were available in Picnik.
- Saving Projects. Update to the project update process to prevent issues experienced by some customers of their most recent “saves” not being recorded.
- Project Rendering. Improvements to cases where after zooming/panning a photo the rendered output would occasionally not exactly match the in-browser display.
- Additional Page Pricing. Additional page pricing now works correctly with photo books that have price tiers set.
- Image Unavailable. Fixed missing thumbnails (replaced by “Image Unavailable”) for some customers. (Original photos were intact.)
- Aviary. Fixed a refresh problem affecting guest users who chose to “replace” a photo in Aviary.
- Shift-Select. Fixed a problem where using the shift-key to select a range of photos would intermittently skip some photos, if used immediately following a photo upload session.