PF v12.7.3 (05/17/2018)
- It’s now possible to set descriptions for creative categories, using the Product Catalog page in myLab. These descriptions are shown when a customer hovers over a category thumbnail in the shopping pages.
- Fixed bug that prevented the product name and icon from being reset if the user started a creative project and then went back and switched to a different product.
- Addressed a bug that would prevent the items on the Cart page from being displayed until the user scrolled or resized the page.
- Resolved a layout issue on the Cart page that would add excessive padding between items when an item had a discount attached to it.
PF v12.7.2 (05/09/2018)
- Fixed errors in PayPal checkout workflow, which had been broken in 12.7.1.
- Fixed an error when trying to access PicMonkey to edit a photo.
- Updated the pricing engine to include an order’s Service Fees and Rush Order Fees in the taxable subtotal, independent of the option to charge tax on Shipping Fees.
- Fixed a bug which caused the photos in the viewer to be squished or stretched if the user resized their browser window.
- Resolved a bug which prevented the Promotions page from loading on some sites due to invalid discount data in the database.
- Added analytics monitoring of when a client’s requests to our API server fail all 5 retries and gives up.
PF v12.7.1 (05/03/2018)
- Added backwards-compatibility support for legacy shopping URLs with /mobile in them.
- Fixed an issue proceeding to the second step in a custom-cover book project when certain quantity tier discounts were set.
- Shipping information is now auto-filled again for logged-in members.
- The “Use My Location” button (map pin icon) is now hidden from the Store Finder search box when using PF@Kiosk since it was not reliable.
PF v12.7 (04/26/2018)
- New collection of icons for the Creative Occasions (Birthday, Father’s Day, Kids, etc.) on the site. Thank you Foto Source HQ for the creative work on this piece. Check them out by navigating to the /create page on your site and then tap on “Browse By Occasions”.
- New responsive version of the homepage for PF Standard sites.
- New distributed caching layer for Umbraco custom content. Changes made in Umbraco will now be available across the production webserver fleet in 1/3 the previously-required time, dropping from 30 minutes down to under 10 minutes.
- Navigation to and between Umbraco custom content pages now happens within the site’s single-page application (SPA) framework, resulting in a fantastically quick and smooth experience without the traditional interruption between web pages. This requires HTML updates in Umbraco to remove the “target” attribute from all link tags. Dealers with managed Umbraco sites will have their content updated over the coming weeks. The experience can be previewed at demo.photofinale.com.
- When navigating from a custom Umbraco page to a platform page, if the user hits the browser Back button, the previous page content is now properly loaded.
- The quantity pricing table shown on the Add to Cart dialog in the Creative workflow now incorporates any extra fees for additional pages.
- Credit card refunds in myLab now process fully and no longer display an error on the page.
- Fixed a bug in the sitemap.xml generation which could include entries for non-customer-accessible pages on Umbraco sites that contain content in multiple languages.
- Fixed a recently-introduced problem that could hide the characters while editing text in a creative project on a mobile device.
PF v12.6.6 (04/17/2018)
- Prepaid Print Plans have been fixed and are now appearing on the site again.
- Also fixed the link to the Prepaid Plans page from the hamburger menu on PF Standard sites.
- Fixed the sending of new member welcome emails when a customer signs up for a membership, which had been broken in PF 12.6.
- Print credits which are awarded as part of a membership sign-up are now being applied properly again.
- What does this mean? It means, you can now advertise: “Join now and receive 10 free 4×6 prints!”
- How do you do that? First, set up a Prepaid Plan for 10 free 4×6 prints, for $0 and mark it as not for sale. Then, in your membership (refresher here), under the Promotions tab, select that prepaid plan. The prints credit will be saved to the customer’s account.
- When a site only offers a single membership plan and it is a lifetime (i.e. non-expiring) plan, the “Upgrade / Renew” option is no longer shown on the My Account page.
- Fixed a bug that saved the scroll position when switching between collections in the library panel of the Creative Product Builder, which could result in no photos being shown when switching from a collection with lots of photos to one with fewer photos in it.
- Updates to prevent Modernizr conflicts when that library is also utilized by a dealer’s custom PFSR/PFE (aka Umbraco) template.
- Updated the payment gateways for Stripe & Vantiv to support their most recent security updates.
- Customer passwords can now include the “#” and “=” characters.
- Fixed a payment validation bug when signing up for a paid membership plan.
- Resolved a bug that would sometimes cause the customer’s items to not show up on the Cart page until the page was resized or scrolled.
- Updated the photo spot “rotate” icon in the Creative Product Builder.
PF v12.6.5 (03/26/2018)
- Increased the maximum font size (previously 160 pt.) for creative text spots. For products less than 12″ tall, the new maximum is 260 pt. For larger products, the new maximum is 600 pt.
- During new-project instantiation, the Creative Product Builder will now default to the first available layout for a given page when the content designer has limited the available layouts for that page. This provides more control to the designer and a better experience for the customer as the first layout is almost always the intended default, and the most-appropriate selection.
- Fixed the creative style preview expanded view. Previously only the expanded view for the 1st style in the list would be shown and the navigation buttons wouldn’t function.
- Improved the discoverability of Edit Collection button, used for renaming collections, changing privacy settings, and deleting collections.
- The new-member Join page no longer fails to load for sites when there is a failure to load/initialize the Facebook SDK.
- Fixed a bug that prevented photo uploading from working when the website language was set to Finnish or Swedish.
- Resolved an issue which allowed customers to potentially bypass the payment information page when purchasing a paid membership plan.
- Updates to session handling and resetting to ensure previous sessions cannot be accessed when using the browser Back button in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed a typo on the Review & Crop page in French (“si vous souhaitez”).
- Fixed the display of a membership plan’s photo storage limit on the My Account (/account) page.
- Fixed a typo of the Canadian province “New Brunswick” which was appearing on the store location (/stores) pages.
- Updated to the latest version of the Stripe SDK to ensure that TLS 1.2 gets used for connections.
- The generic product description “Folio product” is now excluded when indexing product data for the site’s search page (/search). We recommend that dealers use myLab to give all products in their catalog an enticing and informative description.
PF v12.6.3 (02/20/2018)
- Fixed uploading issue in Safari desktop and mobile browsers that resulted in image data from one photo being copied to multiple photos during an upload batch.
PF v12.6.2 (02/15/2018)
- The billing information fields on the Checkout Payment page are once again pre-populated for existing, logged-in members with saved data.
- Member account credits are now properly shown and deducted from a customer’s cart online.
- Ensure that standard Proofing Gallery sites will redirect to the /events page automatically on mobile devices.
- Fixed problems accessing photos from social media providers from the web prints and creative workflows.
- The “Full Bleed” cropping option is now designated as the recommended option.
- Improved the layouts of the site’s 404 (file-not-found) and 500 (server error) pages.
- Updated the /platform page to override Umbraco-based templates that prevent easy access to select & copy text (i.e. a Basket Identifier) from the page.
- Fixed error verifying passwords for protected Proofing Gallery events.
PF v12.6 (02/08/2018)
- Revamped the site’s communication with the API to improve performance, capacity, and security. Requests now transmit directly from the client’s browser to our API servers, avoiding the previous web server proxy gateway. The front-end’s responsiveness and resiliency was further enhanced by implementing quick failures with exponential-backoff retry logic for all API requests that encounter transient errors.
- Fixed order confirmation emails so that book products with additional pages ordered show the correct unit price (to include the additional page upcharge).
- The store locations list on the /stores page is now properly sorted alphabetically by state/province, city and store name.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from successfully logging into their web account if they had recently logged into the iOS or Android app first.
- The order submission time is now shown in the user’s local time zone on the Order Confirmation page.
- When accessing a standard Proofing Gallery site on a mobile device, it now properly redirects to the /events page.
- Moved payment authorization/capture to the very end of the order submission process, after other validation is complete, to minimize the number of payment voids/refunds needed when the order does not get submitted.
- Added support for an optional “Company” field on the Shipping Info page of the Checkout workflow.
- If enabled in the site’s product catalog, the new Image USB product is now properly offered and described on the Checkout Options page.
- Added a Retry button on the Upload page for a user to reattempt the upload if a photo fails initially.
- The Checkout Payment page is no longer defaulting to PayPal (instead of Pay-in-Store) for some dealers.
- The Password Reset page no longer becomes locked when the email address entered by a user is not found.
- Lots of under-the-hood refactoring, migration to TypeScript, and library updates.
- The Product Credits displayed on the shopping cart page (/cart) are now updated in real-time as the user makes edits to the quantity values, removing the need to refresh the page in order to see the updated values.