APM 9.7.1 was released on November 3, 2016 and includes:
- Migrated codebase to .NET 4.6.1. The APM Kiosk now requires Windows 7 SP1 or higher.
- Resolved occasional “image unavailable” issues when uploading a lot of photos in the PF@Kiosk workflow.
- Fixed issue with the Task Bar appearing on top of the kiosk interface after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update has been installed.
- Added support for a PF@Kiosk-only mode, configurable via the Setup Wizard.
- Incorporated code to prevent the kiosks from timing out during a long WiFi photo transfer (i.e. lots of photos).
- Improved folio rendering quality when using rotated photos.
- Fixed possible rounding issues during folio rendering, which could result in unsightly single-pixel white lines between photos.
- Fixed loading of abnormal photos that indicate they have an alpha layer when they actually don’t.
- Fixed small memory leak related to the splash screen in Kiosk.exe.
- Resolved a race condition regarding LogManager lifetime which could result in a crash during application shutdown.
- Upgraded embedded Stripe SDK for at-kiosk payment processing.
- Added line item pricing breakdown to the order XML generated.
- Attempts to load Registry values from multiple locations — HKEY_CURRENT_USER first, followed by HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE — to facilitate using Registry keys set during the installer/updater which may be run under a different user account and therefore not have access to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER node used by the kiosk user.
- Added a new utility, RegWriter.exe, that can be used to make required Registry changes.
- Added support for using an out-of-process automation server for ad-hoc WiFi network creation to allow the kiosk to be run under a hardened, low-privilege account.
APM 9.7.0 was released on March 15, 2016 and is full of new features, improvements and bug fixes.